Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcome to In-N-Out Baby

Well, the name says it all. Here you will you find a collection of my experiences with what goes in and comes out of my little guy.  I'll be nice; I won't give you all the grizzly details of every output.  Really, what I'm interested in is what catches the said output.  Yep.  My name is Rachel, and I'm a cloth diaper junkie.  But, before we can get to the output stage of things, we must have an input.

I decided to try Baby Led Weaning with H.  After exhausting research, I determined that the healthiest, easiest, cheapest, and most natural way for H to learn to eat solid food was by allowing him to eat real food right from the start.  No cereal.  No mashed and mixed purees.  No bowl of green goo that came from what used to be a casserole.  Nothing that looks or smells like canned cat food (unless my cooking is atrocious). Instead, H will get whatever we are getting, with a few minor restrictions. 

As for cloth diapering, I originally chose to catch H's output in stylish diapers for the traditional reasons: cost, environmental impact, H's health.  I honestly expected pins and rubber pants before I started.  Much to my pleasure, cloth diapers have come a long way in the last few years, and I now have a new reason for using cloth: they are adorable! Seriously, how cute are these?!



Since I didn't start this when we began cloth diapering or solids, I'll need to play catch up a little, and I'll do so during my regular posts.  Otherwise, this introduction post will be a 10 page essay, and let's be honest, you don't want to read a 10 page essay as much as I don't want to write a 10 page essay.   Hopefully I'll get images and some custom logos and stuff up soon, but I  wanted to get something up today, so we're going the quick and easy route for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am looking forward to this! I love the name BTW! -LadyDelilah from TB-

    ReplyDelete